The IMS PTO is an organization of parents and teachers of the International Magnet School for Global Citizenship. Through fundraising efforts, the PTO is able to donate funds to purchase educational materials and equipment for the school, help our local community and those of the IMS family, as well as make school fun!
For the PTO to be effective and truly representative of the school, it is essential to have parental involvement from as many parents as possible. Many working parents feel that they cannot be included in the PTO because they cannot come to every meeting or be available during the day. There are many ways in which you can help and our community appreciates everything their parent volunteers do! All are invited to join in at any point! As the year progresses, a PTO representative will contact you to see if you are able to volunteer. We need your ideas and energy!
How does PTO support the school?
Our fundraisers allow us to:
Support classrooms and the library
- Support field trips to offset the cost to families
- Provided supplies to library to support hands on learning
- Over $4000 in Scholastic Dollars given to the librarian to purchase books
Show appreciation to our teachers and staff
- Staff holiday luncheon
- Staff appreciation luncheon
- Gifts for the 3 secretaries for all they do
Help build a sense of community
- Bi-Monthly PTO Meetings – provide pizza and drinks
- Harvest Feast
- Family Day Picnic
- Purchased goods to sell at Talent Show to raise money for Faith, Hope & Joy Foundation
Sweet Frog in Fall/Spring
Book Fair Fall/Spring
Share in the fun and help us support IMS!